- helping boys on the path to manhood
Boy Scout Troop 226 meets every Tuesday, 7:15 PM - 8:45 PM.
Strongsville United Methodist Church 13500 Royalton Road Strongsville, OH 44136
- Our program fosters independence, self-reliance and outdoor living for younger boys, as well as leadership development for older ones. Our average boys remains a Scout for four years.
- Troop 226 is one of the largest in Cuyahoga County.
- Troop 226 has been actively serving the boys of Strongsville, Ohio and the southwest suburbs since 1935. A cadre of trained adults and college students lead the Troop program.
- Older Troop members have participated in National High Adventure Trips every year since 1979. Locations have included Florida, Utah, New Mexico, Maine, Michigan, New York, Virginia, Minnesota, and West Virginia.
- Membership in Troop 226 is open to any boy who has reached his 11th birthday or has completed the first semester of 5th grade.
- All boys in the Troop are offered a monthly campout and week-long summer camp experience. Scouts have the opportunity to camp with us over 20 nights a year.
- Troop 226 takes a touring camp each year. These trips have included Kelley's Island, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the State Capitol in Columbus, Washington, DC, Greenfield Village, and Mammoth Caves.
- Every year the Troop has a winter Polar Bear Camp at which our Scouts sleep 'under the stars' - sometimes in sub-zero weather. The Troop record is 11 degrees below zero.